November 18, 2016

Friday funny 11/18 (Galley)

All righty then!

Most folks who know Bill, know that he is a wizard in the kitchen. He does most of the cooking, and I do most of the baking. (I'm waiting for a new thermocouple to be installed for the oven to work though.) My sis-in-law, Merrilee says, "Keep cooking Bill, until we get to something we don't like, and so far we haven't!"

Chores/jobs on boats are known (in some circles), as Pink and Blue jobs. I don't think that applies to Denali Rose.

I'm trying to organize the galley in an efficient manner. It's a work in progress.

Inside an upper locker, (cabinet for you land lubbers) door.

I'm working on the inside of the pantry door, to make the spices more organized.

I still have empty bottles to fill, and there are a couple more rows not in the photo.

I purchased food grade plastic square bottles to try and organize the oils, and vinegars. We try to stay away from glass whenever possible, but sometimes you don't have a choice.

It's chaos in here.

This locker has plastic coated wire shelving instead of wood- and it's over the sink. Theoretically, you can put your wet clean dishes in here to dry, and they would drip right into the sink. I don't do that. I like to dry them first since I don't like spots, and the dishes are put in so tightly, I don't think some of them would dry.

Denali Rose had this installed before we moved aboard.


We have a lower locker, that the previous owners called, "the black hole of Calcutta", and I'm not going to post a photo of that, because the name still holds true. There's always a future project to do.










4 comments:

  1. Funny cartoon today! And I love how organized your galley is. I could use skills like that aboard Cambria. Have a great weekend!

    Stephanie @ SV CAMBRIA

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got some clever storage systems going on, especially the measuring cups inside the locker door.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! What's that saying? "Necessity is the mother of invention." However, I think I may have gotten the idea off of either Women Who Sail facebook, or Pinterest. Every time I see a great storage concept, I put it in a file on my computer. I also feel like we own every plastic shoe box in the world. Would you like to have some?

    ReplyDelete

Because of spammers, comments may be moderated [and 'Anonymous' are usually deleted...] so please be patient if they don't appear quickly... We are cuisers. Sometimes it may be days— even weeks— before we have internet access. Even Elon's... [Don't feel sorry for us... It's intentional...]