January 12, 2018

Friday Funny 01-12/18 (Convalescing In Comfort)


Huh?

Yum or Yuck?

Noooooo

Due to my accident, I've been housebound for a very long time, (or so it seems), and I've determined Cable TV has 1000's of channels of nothing. Seriously, how many episodes of House Hunters, Love It or List It,  Say Yes to the Dress, Hoarders, Antique Pickers, Let's Make a Deal, Judge Judy, or old series reruns can I watch? How about the Home Shopping Network, surely there's something I should buy?

A Roomba for Denali Rose?

I have my Kindle with hundreds of books, so I read some, I have my new Ipad, (Christmas present, thanks Bill), I'm getting it set up for boat use, and I'm waiting on Amazon to get cracking with mailing my new card supplies. I have quite a few thank you cards to write, and I wanted to make them, versus using a standard store-bought card. 

Note to all out there who have graciously helped me, I appreciate you, and I will get that card in the mail, as soon as Amazon delivers the supplies to me. I want it to be special!

To you. (I love Minions)
A big plus for spending so much time in Anchorage, (I grew up here), is that I get to visit with all of my friends that I haven't seen in many years. They are coming over to catch up on the news, and laugh about "old times". I'm loving it, I guess this qualifies as a silver lining.

Trivia, (what else do I have to do), silver lining is a metaphor for optimism in the common English-language which means every negative occurrence has a positive aspect to it. Origin[edit]. The origin of the phrase is most likely traced to John Milton's "Comus" (1634) with the lines,. Was I deceiv'd, or did a sable cloud. Turn forth her silver liningon the nightWikipedia

I'm also having fun with the coloring books that were gifted to me.

What to color next?

I"m enjoying my extended visit with my family, and they have been so supportive, I highly recommend their B&B, but not everyone qualifies for guest privileges. 😀

The most comfortable spot for movie night, even the dog, and cat are nestled in there.

Denali Rose doesn't have a TV, or TV reception, and since we mostly live on cell data for our internet, we rarely watch netflix, or amazon streaming. I have learned that I am totally okay with that, no need to spend time or money on:
  • You're the father!
  • Buy this!
  • Do you love this dress?
  • This house is you!
  • You're guilty!
  • I'm innocent!
  • We're going to get you some help for ____ (-add neurosis here).
  • Any 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's, 2000's sitcom.
If you had unlimited TV, and time, what would you watch? Do you have hobbies that fill up your free time? Is your family as special as mine?

As always, we enjoy hearing from you, either here in comments or on our Facebook Denali Rose Sailboat page.


2 comments:

  1. When I was visiting my sister, I watched a lot of home improvement shows. Which is strange as I don't have a home to improve. They were really addictive to watch :-)

    Glad you're keeping busy and that you have such a wonderfully supportive family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No land home for me either, and I mostly dislike all the fussy details those home improvement "experts" use, but as you say, it can be addictive!

      Delete

Because of spammers, comments may be moderated [and 'Anonymous' are usually deleted...] so please be patient if they don't appear quickly... We are cuisers. Sometimes it may be days— even weeks— before we have internet access. Even Elon's... [Don't feel sorry for us... It's intentional...]